Dr. Kashif has been in practice in Charlotte, NC since 1993 and has had a long standing clinical and research interest in Rheumatologic conditions.
Dr. Kashif has been the principal investigator in many research studies in the area of immune-mediated disease, osteoarthritis, and osteoporosis.
Education / Training
- Dr. Kashif is a graduate is a 1983 honors graduate from Cairo University School of Medicine.
- Dr. Kashif served his internship and residency in internal medicine at St. Mary’s Hospital and Yale University School of Medicine.
- He completed his rheumatology fellowship at Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut from 1991-1993.
Current Professional & Committee Memberships
- North Carolina Rheumatology Associate : 2002-present
- Mecklenburg Medical Society : 1993-preset
- North Carolina Medical Society : 1993-present
- Member of United Rheumatology
- Member of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD)
- Dr. Kashif has been board certified in rheumatology and a fellow of the American College of Rheumatology since 1993.
- He was elected as a fellow of the American College of Physicians in 2010.
- In 1993 Dr. Kashif moved to Charlotte, North Carolina to join the Nalle Clinic as chairman of the Department of Rheumatology from 1993 – 2000.
- In 2000, along with his colleagues, Dr. Robert J. Kipnis, Dr. Andrew J. Laster and Dr. Gary B. Maniloff founded Arthritis & Osteoporosis Consultants of the Carolinas (AOCC).
Awards & Honors
- Dr. Kashif has served as the rheumatology consultant for the NBA Charlotte Bobcats team since 2008.
- He was named amongst the “top doctors” of rheumatology for the Charlotte area by the Center of the Study of Services, Consumer Guide / Checkbook Magazine, Businesses of North Carolina and Charlotte Magazine.
- Dr. Kashif and his wife, Dr. Elhemaily, a pediatrician, have been married for over 30 years and are the proud parents of two young adults.