- Additional Info
Michelle Wood is a board-certified nurse practitioner who specializes in rheumatology. She worked as an intensive care unit nurse for over 16 years prior to becoming a nurse practitioner and has been in healthcare for over 20 years, finding her passion in rheumatology during this time.
She completed her Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Winston-Salem State University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and then earned her Master of Science degree with dual certification in Complementary and Integrative Therapies at Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She is a member of the Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society, the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and the Association of Women in Rheumatology. Michelle enjoys spending time with her family, hiking, yoga, and volunteering with her Life Group in her spare time.
- Education and Training
- Associate of Science in Nursing, Carolinas College of Health Sciences, 2002
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Winston-Salem State University, 2012
- Master of Science in Nursing, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, Advanced Study of Integrative and Complementary Therapies Certificate, Drexel University, 2017
- Board Certification
The American Nurses Credentialing Center
- North Carolina- Nurse Practitioner
- North Carolina- Registered Nurse
- DEA North Carolina
- Provider Spotlight: Michelle Wood, NP
- News and Noteworthy